20070721

Something Just Washed Ashore...




Word has come that one of the FNGB is on her way.

The message came after exploring a Myspace friend of one of the FNGB.

You see, the FNGB stick together.

I opened the bottle and "Everybody's Girlfriend" began playing. "What's this?" I thought. A new voice? Deep and brooding like Fiona Apple yet snarky and sexy like Alison Goldfrapp? I asked her, "Are you a boy or a girl? Are you a boy or a girl?" She simply told me that there was love in this kiss and that she's everybody's girlfriend.

"Do you or don't you know where you have just...beached?"

She began to purr and then launched into an echoing song. I sat down on the sand and listened.

I then learned that she was Anne Marie Almedal and that she was singing some amazing songs that she did with some amazing musicians back in 2003.

Candy Thunder, eh? Well I like it.

It took you 5 years to beach here? Not bad.

As the torch on the beach flickered in the humid, night sea air, she grabbed my shoulders and her long brown hair caught the breeze. In a siren's message, she looked into my eyes with her cold northern eyes and told me...they're coming...and they want to regroup with the one you call, "Mrs. Zetlitz...Ms. Zetlitz if you're nasty."

"WELL!" I said, "You're more than welcome to crack open a coconut beverage with me and tell me about your travels while we wait for the arrival."

"Coconuts!?" Anne shrieked with laughter. "Ya, coconuts...rum...you know..." I assured.

"Perfect," she said, "the one who approaches collects stuff like that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a crazy bitch...but I love you

Brionity said...

Put down the glass.

And step away from the bottle.

now.