20070621

Thank you, Brion

"When I was a little girl..."

It all began for me when I heard/saw the likes of "She-Bop" and "Sweet Dreams" on my television. These women were twisted, aggressive, talented, gorgeous, and they had fiery, red hair.

Years rolled by and a friend played a little something new for me. "You're going to freak," he forewarned before he played. Sure enough, I did. It was Moloko's "Fun for Me," followed by the entire work, Do You Like My Tight Sweater?

A couple of months rolled by and the new Moloko, I Am Not A Doctor, arrived as an import at my local Virgin Megastore in downtown Denver's Pavilion outlet.

"Nobody Speaks of Pavilions anymore and that truly saddens me" - Sandra Bernhard.

Curiosity then directed me to the official Moloko site at the time:

Then, I met Br!on Tr!on on the old Moloko Blue Board.
After many messages, and then phone calls, I was introduced to music I never dreamed to exist. Beginning with Bel Canto, my musical journey took a new route into overdrive.

More time has passed and we're still talking about music. We're still perplexed why some of these essentials are not known to our fellow music lovers, much less the greater music loving population.

We will be exploring this echelon of music...old, new, and current. And we'll find why the terms, "old, new, and current" are not proper terms to describe the timelessness of this music. Good music, after all, is exactly that. It's a moment of genius that steps out of the sound structures of our world. It moves us. It affects us.

Exploring the why is the fun part.

No comments: